TIME TO GET READY FOR THE 2014 PHRF RACING SEASON!

Post any CHNYC PHRF Race discussions in this forum

Moderator: TrippAlyn

TrippAlyn

TIME TO GET READY FOR THE 2014 PHRF RACING SEASON!

Post by TrippAlyn »

<<>> Spring is on the horizon----I can’t say it’s just around the corner, with the recent windchill down to –9F and gusty winds blasting away at us at 20-30kts. But your work schedule for your 2014 racing season should be prompting you to GET READY! Now is the time to think about getting equipment into working order, preparing your work on the racing finish of your bottom, thinking about the status of your sail inventory, etc. Now is a great time to get your crew perked up with enthusiasm for the coming season. Over some warm beverages you can talk about crew positions, racing seminars and signups for your racing season. You can also review points about your performance last season….reinforcing the strong points and discussing ways to improve upon areas that may require some improvement. Think about the wind conditions and points of sail which favor your boat and consider the optimum sail selection in each race….be ready to SHIFT GEARS to adapt to changing conditions so you’re not behind and “out of phase”. Of a more routine nature is the application for your PHRF rating certificate and registration for your various racing series and regattas. Most race organizers will not permit you to register until you have a current PHRF certificate….. This committee is ready to assist you! If you have any questions or specific needs please don’t hesitate to contact me…..GET READY! Tripp Tripp Alyn, chair CHNYC PHRF Fleet Capt.
Rhapsody

Re: TIME TO GET READY FOR THE 2014 PHRF RACING SEASON!

Post by Rhapsody »

Thanks Tripp. I received my 2014 PHRF certificates for both Rhapsody & Vento Solare. Everyone make sure you check your certificates when they are sent. There was a 3 second rating error on my J/109 certificate that I challenged and had immediately corrected. Now we just need some warmer weather to do the bottom work on both boats.
TrippAlyn

Post by TrippAlyn »

To: all [i][b]CHNYC PHRF Skippers/Sailors[/b] The Skipper's Meeting for the upcoming [b]2014 Jamestown YC PHRF Series[/b] will be held at 1900hrs (7pm) on Tuesday, 29 April at the Jamestown Firehouse. I will be there to pick up the race docs booklets for any of you who cannot make the meeting. Please let me know [i]ASAP whether or not you plan to attend this meeting. The [i][b]1st race of the JYC Spring Series[/b] is [u]less than one month from now (Tuesday, 13 May). Don't forget to renew (or apply for) your PHRF-NB Certificate----you can't race without it. If the PHRF committee can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us! Tripp Tripp Alyn CHNYC PHRF Fleet Capt.
TrippAlyn

Post by TrippAlyn »

CHNYC PHRF Racers: The 1st race of the JYC Spring Series is this coming Tuesday.....are you ready? Don't forget, they're requesting a RC boat. If they have not yet secured a RC boat, be prepared to sail over to the Jamestown channel for the start of the race. We had to do this last year and it will add a little time to your transit from Coaster's Harbor to the starting area. It's TIME TO RACE....Have Fun! Tripp
Rhapsody

Post by Rhapsody »

Spirit & Rhapsody are ready... We had a nice tune-up session with each other last night. Lots of upwind and downwind work accomplished to dust off the cob webs.